Add a fun and fresh twist to a basic burger with these chicken burgers! The sweet potato bun not only adds so much more flavor, but packs a healthy punch as well. Fresh Basil Aioli ties this all together with a great new summer time recipe!
You can download a printable PDF of this recipe HERE
• 1 Peeled Sweet Potato
• 1 Egg
• 2 Chicken Burgers
• 1 Cup Mayonnaise
• 2/3 Cup Fresh Basil
• 1 Lemon
• Garlic Clove
• Red Onion Slices
1. Fry or grill the chicken burgers.
2. Shred peeled sweet potato on a box cutter.
3. For Sweet Potato WaffleIn a preheated waffle maker,
spoon in the sweet potato mixture to make a waffle.
Cook on medium heat until cooked through.
4. For Aioli – Combine mayo, basil, garlic, zest of
one lemon, and juice of 1/2 lemon into food
food processor. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. To Assemble – Top 1/4 of the waffle bun with
chicken burger, spread basil aioli, add arugula,
and top with another 1/4 of waffle bun.