Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Are About to Spoil – Here’s How Long They Last
By Shawn Patrick on November 28, 2022
Thanksgiving leftovers still cause me nightmares. That’s because I have a birthday on November 29th, and growing up my dad would have us eating leftover turkey well after Turkey Day and sometimes even on my B-Day! I no longer live at home, but here is a message for people like my dad that seem to eat leftovers forever!
According to Still Tasty, here’s how long you can keep whatever didn’t get eaten Thursday…
- Turkey, 3 to 4 days. If it’s cut up and stored in a shallow container, it might last a little longer, but it’s risky.
- Homemade gravy. Only a day or two.
- Stuffing, 3 to 4 days.
- Mashed potatoes or green bean casserole, 3 to 5 days.
- Pumpkin pie, 3 to 4 days.
- Apple pie lasts a little longer. You can leave it out for 2 days, then put it in the fridge for another two days.
- Cranberry sauce.The sugar acts as a preservative, so you can leave it in the fridge up to two weeks and still eat it. Of course the worst item lasts the longest…