Heel’s Kitchen | Tracy’s Family Banana Bread
By KOSI 101.1 on April 16, 2020
A special edition of Heels Kitchen with Tracy’s (my) mom! We recorded this in February for a special Mother’s Day episode – but when we found out the number one food people are making during quarantine was BANANA BREAD – we had to release it sooner! Enjoy our family’s favorite recipe for it!
You can download a printable PDF of this recipe HERE
• 1 Cup Sugar
• 1 Stick of Butter (Softened)
• 2 Eggs At Room Temperature
• 2-3 Mashed, Overly Ripe Bananas
• 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
• 2 Cups Flour
• 1 tbsp Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla
• 1/2 Cup Roasted Walnuts
1. Roast whole walnuts at about 350° for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool and Chop.
2. In a mixer, cream butter and suger until fluffly. Beat eggs in one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flower, baking soda, and salt. olive oil until all incorporated.
4. Combine the dry ingredients slowly, with the mixer on, into the wet ingredients.
5. Once incorporated, stir in sour cream, vanilla, and bananas.
6. In a greased or mini bread loaf pan scoop in the bread batter. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes for mini loafs, or 35-40 minutes for one standard loaf.