Visit these local outdoor ice rinks
By Elizabeth Weiler on December 13, 2023
Denver, CO — Colorado has no shortage of winter activity, making a great place to enjoy the holidays. Visit these local ice rinks to immerse yourself in the winter fun. Whether you’re looking to take in the scenic views of mountains towns or you’d like to make a quick trip to the Mile High city, there is plenty to choose from.
If the list appears limited, remember these rinks are outdoor. The Denver Metro Area has many more indoor rinks to offer.
Denver Metro Area
- Skyline Park – Free admission and skates available for rent. The rink is open until mid-February, however daily hours vary.
- Winter Skate – Admission covers the cost of skate rentals . The rink is open until January 16 and hours vary, however, most holidays are open.
- Rink at Belmar – Admission covers the cost of skate rentals. The rink is open until January 28, however, hours may change if private parties are booked.
- Base of Winter Park ski area – Admission is free and hourly rentals are available. The rink opens this week, Dec. 14 and hours are open until 5 p.m. and on Thursday – Saturday open until 7 p.m.
- Gene Stover Park (Granby) – Admission is free and if you don’t have your own skates, complimentary skate rentals are available at Mush Love (905 Grand Avenue, noon-5 pm). An additional rink will open on the laek later in the season.
- Kendall Mountain Ski Area – Opening day is Dec. 15 at 11 a.m. More details to come once the rink is open. Bring your own skates or rent for $8.
- Dercum Square Ice Rink – Open daily until 8 p.m. the rink closes January 8. Bring your own skates!
- The rink will open in 2023/24 however no details have been released, more info here.
- Nordic Center – Admission is free and skate rentals are available if you don’t have your own. Public skate or “open skate” times vary and you can check the schedule here.