One Menu Item at Coors Field in Denver Named to a List of the Best New Foods in MLB This Season
By Shawn Patrick on April 7, 2023
As baseball season swings into action, stadiums across the nation are stepping up their culinary game with a tantalizing lineup of mouthwatering new foods. Forget peanuts and Cracker Jacks—these eight innovative dishes from The Takeout are ready to steal the show at Major League Baseball games.
The one on the list at Denver’s Coors Field is Peach Chimmies: A decadent dessert of fried flour tortillas filled with whipped cream cheese, sliced peaches, and a cinnamon sugar mix.
Others on the list are;
- Mangonada: Found at Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago White Sox), this fruity frozen treat blends mango sorbet with Chamoy for a refreshing summer experience.
- Small Cheval Burger: Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) introduces a juicy, stacked burger from a popular Chicago restaurant, perfect for indulging between innings.
- Avocado Fries: Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox) serves up crispy fried avocado slices with green goddess dressing for a unique ballpark snack.
- Fried Green Tomato BLT: PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates) elevates the classic BLT with fried green tomatoes and baby arugula on butter bread.
- Pork Belly Tacos: Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals) spices things up with tacos filled with pork belly, pickled carrots, queso fresco, mint, arugula, and chimichurri sauce.
- Strawberry Churro Shortcake: Satisfy your sweet tooth with this parfait topped with churro chunks, strawberries, and whipped Abuelita chocolate at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland Athletics).
- Pickle Curds: PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates) also tempts fans with fried cheese curds, sweet pickles, and dill ranch for a unique flavor experience.