Hate Denver Traffic? It Could Be a Lot Worse According to a New Study
By Shawn Patrick on November 15, 2023
If you spend a lot of time on I70 or I25 in the Denver area, you likely think we have some of the worst traffic in America, right? Turns out it could be way worse!
By looking at traffic data from analytics company INRIX, financial news outlet 24/Wall St. revealed which metro areas had the worst traffic nationwide.
Of the 32 cities on the list, Denver came in at No. 17.
According to the data, the typical commuter in Denver lost an average of 54 hours to traffic delays last year, with the average commute time in the city being 25.5 minutes.
Here are the top ten worst cities for traffic –
- Chicago, Illinois — Average of 155 hours lost
- Boston, Massachusetts — Average of 134 hours lost
- New York, New York — Average of 117 hours lost
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — Average of 114 hours lost
- Miami, Florida — Average of 105 hours lost
- San Francisco, California — Average of 97 hours lost
- Los Angeles, California — Average of 95 hours lost
- Washington, D.C. — Average of 83 hours lost
- New Orleans, Louisiana — Average of 77 hours lost
- Atlanta, Georgia — Average of 74 hours lost